Team building training for KETEPA Staff – June 2016
- June 22, 2016
- Posted by: Ketepaweb
- Category: Uncategorized
Working as a Team.
KETEPA is home to some of the most fascinating, inspirational,ground breaking people in the FMCG industry, passionately working with all of us to grow our business and nurture KETEPA brands.
Here are a few reasons why team building is important in the workplace:
1. Facilitates better communication – Activities that create discussion enable open communication among employees, and between employees and management. This can improve office relationships and in turn, the quality of work done.
2. Motivates employees – Team leadership and team building go hand in hand. The more comfortable your employees are to express their ideas and opinions, the more confident they will become. This will motivate them to take on new challenges.
3. Promotes creativity – Taking a team outside of an office setting and exposing them to new experiences will force them to think outside of their normal routine. Working together with other team members can ignite creativity and fresh ideas, which are great qualities to bring back to the office.
4. Develops problem-solving skills – In public relations a crisis can happen at any time. Team building activities that require coworkers to work together to solve problems can improve the ability to think rationally and strategically. Teams that are able to determine when a problem arises and know what they can do about it, can then effectively take charge when a real crisis occurs.
5. Breaks the barrier – Team building increases the trust factor with your employees. Often in corporate settings there is a disconnect between the leadership team and employees because the employees sense too large of a gap between the two. Team building exercises give leadership the opportunity to be seen as a colleague rather than a boss, which can do wonders for employee morale.
Overall, team building in the workplace enables better communication, better relationships and ultimately increases productivity.